Severin EarthShip has been looking for an organization that is willing to help us in building our EarthShip in exchange we would hold a fundraiser for this organization. A Win Win Solution for both parties involved.
Once the house is finished Severin EarthShip would have a open house. With the organizations help we would sell tickets to allow people to come in and view our home. All proceeds would go to the organization that sent us volunteers to help in building our home.
1. Any organization can apply for this opportunity. Would need a written
statement from the organization as to why they feel they would be a fit for this
type of fundraiser. They would also have to agree to all the requirements
2. We would need volunteers to come out to the EarthShip site
every other week until 100 hours is reached. The volunteers would not have
to be the same ones each time.
3. Minimum age would need to be 15 years of age. A permission slip
would need to be signed by parents for those under the age of 18.
4. Minimum of 3 hours would need to be spent building at the EarthShip.
Severin EarthShip is not responsible for any injuries. Each volunteer helps at
their own risk.
5. Everyone must bring their own lunch if they are at the site during this time.
Severin EarthShip will provide snacks and water for the volunteers.
6. Each participant must bring gloves, eye protection, work boots (shoes) and
clothes that they can get muddy in.
7. The volunteers do not have to have any building type knowledge.
8. The organization must call in advance as to when the volunteers would be
coming out to the site to work.
9. The organization must also help in promoting and working at the fundraiser
10. If the organization fails to provide the volunteers when needed then Severin
EarthShip has the right to terminate any agreements. Severin EarthShip is
willing to make adjustments with the organization when needed.
Questions??? Please give us a call at 417-274-9885.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Severin writes about her families embarkment on a learning adventure to build an Upcycled Home using Earthship Principals. To find out what these Principals are click on the Earthship Principals link above.